Body Composition Scan
What is a body composition scan?
Body composition scanning using DEXA is considered the “Gold Standard” in body scanning. This provides an accurate, in-depth analysis of your fat, muscle, bone, and water mass which will give a very detailed snapshot of your body composition. This can be used to identify long-term health risks before they occur. For instance, the Whole Body Composition Test will show your visceral fat. Visceral fat surrounds your organs and can be linked to metabolic disturbances, such as breast cancer, cardiovascular disease and Type 2 diabetes. The test will also show the exact location of your lean muscle mass. Evaluating and improving lean muscle mass is important for preventing osteoporosis, pathological conditions and chronic diseases. In other words, DEXA gives a detailed snapshot of your body composition.
In Addition, the Body Composition Scan provides:
- BMI (Body Mass Index)/Muscle Mass breakdown
- Relative Skeletal Muscle Index
- Bone Mineral Density
- Abdominal/Visceral Fat Analysis
Benefits of a Body Composition Scan
- Accelerate weight loss and fitness goals with targeted measurements
- Identify Risks for osteoporosis, osteopenia, and hormonal imbalances
- Trended over time to track improvement
Call to schedule today! 800-617-7095
This is a self-referral exam, no physician order required.