We encourage you to be pro-active about your breast health through monthly self-exams, clinical breast exams and annual mammogram screenings. Certain women may require additional imaging as well as Ultrasound. Be your own best health advocate and consult your physician to determine what is right for you.
- Digital Screening and Diagnostic Mammography
- Bone Densitometry
- Breast Ultrasound
- CAD (Computer Assisted Diagnostic) Enhancement
- Minimally Invasive Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
- Cyst Aspiration
- Minimally Invasive Ultrasound-Guided Breast Biopsy
- Minimally Invasive Xray-Guided Breast Biopsy
- Expert Radiologists, with recognized Breast Mammography competency
- Board Certified Radiologists
- Assistance with acquisition of previous mammogram films
- Convenient patient and physician access
- Care coordination of breast health services
- Technologists with 75 years of combined experience
- Ongoing education and disease information
- Assistance identifying support resources
- Breast Cancer Support Group
- Oncology Nurse Navigator
- Multidisciplinary and collaborative care with a team of physicians
- Extended hours available
This diagnostic procedure studies a specific area found on the mammogram or on a lump discovered by the woman. This exam can determine the difference between a cystic or solid mass. Breast ultrasounds are used in conjunction with a mammogram. Due to their limited scope, they cannot be used as a replacement for a mammogram.
We are pleased to offer low-cost digital mammography screenings. Evening and weekend hours available for your convenience.
There are many benefits of digital mammography:
- Digital mammography allows the radiologist to review your test on a computer screen
- High image quality with the ability to enhance and manipulate the image for further evaluation.
- High quality image makes it easier to differentiate cancer tissue from normal tissue
- The images can be magnified to better visualize calcifications
- Digital images are obtained with up to 60% less radiation exposure to the woman than film images.
- Digital mammography is faster so the mammogram exam is shorter.
- Digital images can be stored permanently, with the ability to print on film or disc.
To schedule a mammogram, call 1-800-617-7095 or
Mammograms are the gold standard for finding breast cancer in its early stages. Digital mammograms using special X-ray equipment provide images that radiologists can manipulate on a computer. The enhanced images allow doctors to more easily target areas of concern that may require more testing.
3D mammography delivers a series of high-resolution images of different layers of the breast. This technology provides screening accuracy and allows doctors to examine your breast tissue layer by layer. Instead of viewing the complexities of your breast tissue in a flat image, as with conventional 2D mammography, fine details are more visible and no longer hidden by tissue. Advantages to choosing a Genius™ 3D Mammography™ Exam include:
- Fewer callbacks for additional exams*
- Superior exam for women with dense breasts*
- Detects more invasive cancers compared to 2D*
- Reduced false positives*
- Available with SmartCurve™ comfort assured breast compression stabilization system
- Now covered by most major insurance companies, Medicare and Medicaid.
Mammograms are a woman's best defense in detecting breast cancer early, but we know that the fear of pain causes many women to delay scheduling their annual mammogram. That's why we proudly offer the Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam that combines better, earlier breast cancer detection 1-6 with the improved comfort of the SmartCurve™ breast stabilization system.
Getting a mammogram with the SmartCurve™ system is just like getting a regular exam — only more comfortable! The curved design of the compression device mirrors the shape of a woman's breast to reduce pinching and applies uniform compression over the entire breast for added comfort. The technologist will view the images of your breasts at the computer workstation to ensure quality images have been captured for review. A radiologist will then examine the images and report results to either your physician or directly to you. Patients appreciate the comfort of the SmartCurve™ system.
- The system has been shown to improve comfort in 93 percent of patients who reported moderate to severe discomfort with standard compression technology
- 95 percent of patients surveyed would recommend facilities that use a SmartCurve™ comfort assured breast compression stabilization system
The Genius™ 3D Mammography™ exam (a.k.a. Genius™ exam) is acquired on the Hologic 3D Mammography™ system and consists of a 2D and 3D™ image set, where the 2D image can be either an acquired 2D image or a 2D image generated from the 3D™ image set. The Genius™ exam is only available on the Hologic 3D Mammography™ system. Please consult your physician for a full list of benefits and risks associated with mammography. PP-01977 Rev. 001 ©2018 Hologic, Inc. Hologic, 3D, 3D Mammography, Dimensions, Genius, Selenia, and associated logos are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Hologic,Inc. and/or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. 1. FDA submissions P080003, P080003/ S001,P080003/S004, P080003/S005. 2. Friedewald SM, Rafferty EA, Rose SL, et al. Breast cancer screening using tomosynthesis in combination with digital mammography. JAMA. 2014 Jun 25;311(24):2499-507. 3. Zuckerman SP, Conant EF, Keller BM, et al. Implementation of Synthesized Two-dimensional Mammography in a Populationbased Digital Breast Tomosynthesis Screening Program. Radiology. 2016 Dec;281(3):730–736. 4. Skaane P, Bandos A, Eben EB, et al. Two-view digital breast tomosynthesis screening with synthetically reconstructed projection images: comparison with digital breast tomosynthesis with full-field digital mammographic images.Radiology. 2014 Jun;271(3):655–63. 5. Bernardi D, Macaskill P, Pellegrini M, et. al. Breast cancer screening with tomosynthesis (3D mammography) with acquired or synthetic 2D mammography compared with 2D mammography alone (STORM-2): a population-based prospective study. Lancet Oncol. 2016 Aug;17(8):1105–13. 6. McDonald ES, Oustimov A, Weinstein SP, et al. Effectiveness of Digital Breast Tomosynthesis Compared With Digital Mammography: Outcomes Analysis From 3 Years of Breast Cancer Screening. JAMA Oncol. 2016 Jun 1;2(6):737–43. 7. Smith, A. Improving Patient Comfort in Mammography. Hologic WP-00119 Rev 003 (2017)
Breast Rehabilitation Exercises
Watch and learn some simple exercises after any breast biospy or surgery. You are encouraged to immediately start using your arm for any activities of daily living. Please consult with your physician before beginning any program.