This page provides information about medically related sites on the Internet. These links are provided as a resource for our visitors, but please understand that St. Petersburg General Hospital does not control or endorse the information contained in these sites.
- AARC American Association of Respiratory Care – membership, resources, continuing ed, jobs, etc.
- American Thoracic Society
- Florida Society for Respiratory Care – site covering continuing ed programs, upcoming symposiums, membership, and RT links.
- ADA – Journal of the American Dietetic Assn – contains numerous links to nutrition related subjects and employment info.
- Vantage Professional Education - CEU’s online for Dietitians and Nursing.
- American Heart Association
- CDC – Center for Disease Control site.
- CNN Health
- E Medicine – emergency resource with free online medical textbooks on diagnosis and management of disorders for medical practitioners and the public.
- F.A. Davis Publishing Co.
- Fitness World
- Hardin Meta Directory of Internet Health Services
- JCAHO – Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.
- Knowledge Linc – continuing ed for RNs, LPN’s, PT, OT, RT, Health Information managers, certified Health Executives, Pharmacists, Psychologists, and Physicians.
- Med Explorer
- Medical Matrix
- Medscape – medical news, journals, career center, treatment and prevention, and drug search on diagnosis, etc.
- Med X Change – online database of new, used, and overstocked medical equipment and instrumentation.
- Mesothelioma Guide
- National Cancer Institute
- National Center for Infectious Diseases
- NIH - National Institute of Health site.
- PEMED – immense catalog of used medical equipment with photos.
- World Health Organization
- Virtual Library
- ASCLS American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science
- ASCP American Society of Clinical Pathologists
- CLSM – Clinical Lab Systems Management
- National Society of Histotechnology
- AHIMA – American Health Information Management Association
- CE Web – one stop resource for nursing CE’s.
- Emergency Nursing Assn
- HealthCare Source – CEU’s, licensure, schools, and career opportunities.
- HealthStream University – online CME’s and Nursing CEU’s. Look under More Courses section for Nursing CEU’s.
- Nursing World – ANA
- OnlineCE – St Petersburg College Continuing Education site
- RN CEU’s
- American College of Cardiology
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- American Medical Association
- Doctor’s Guide
- FMA Online – Florida Medical Association
- JAMA – Journal of the American Medical Association
- MD Consult
- National Library of Medicine – helps search Medline and other online databases.
- New England Journal of Medicine
- PracticeLink – “White Pages” for opportunities for Physician’s practices.
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- The Lancet Interactive
- Radiological Society of North America – extensive online database covering radiology by modality and category.