Approved Residencies - Family Medicine (30)
The Family Medicine Residency Program at St. Petersburg General Hospital is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. The residency program utilizes a variety of teaching methods and settings to maximize the learning experience of the resident. Each curriculum area combines rotations, conferences and experience to provide the resident with a comprehensive training program.
The Family Medicine Residency program is designed to teach and train residents to enter into the field of Family Medicine, preparing them for board certification and to provide them with knowledge they will need to both care for patients in the primary care office arena and also in the environs of the hospital.
It is our feeling that for a resident to be properly trained in this era, they are best served by being capable of functioning in the hospital environment, but with a strong primary care base during the course of training. We provide this with excellent ongoing, longitudinal clinic experience during the duration of the Family Medicine Residency program at St. Pete Family Care and Largo Family Care.
- Completed application - Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
- Personal Statement
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Passport-sized Photo
- Deans Letter
- Transcript of grades and class rank
- Current list of COMLEX 1 Score of 426 or greater and COMLEX 2 Score of 442 or greater
- USMLE Step 1 Score of 203 or greater and USMLE Step 2 Score of 222 or greater
- An updated personal statement reflecting your professional goals
Our ACGME/ERAS Program Code: 1201100736
St. Petersburg General Hospital will provide:
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Medical/Dental/Life Insurance (subject to hospital policy)
- 15 Days Paid Time Off
- Two (2) Lab Coats
- Meals provided while on duty
- 24 Hour access to Medical Library and Internet
- Up to five days CME per program director's approval