There are currently no guidelines for reducing your risk of social anxiety disorder. However, since this disorder tends to relapse, there are certain factors which could help reduce the risk of relapse including the following:
- See your doctor as soon as you notice the symptoms of social anxiety disorder.
- Continue therapy if suggested by your therapist
- Avoid smoking, drinking alcohol, and using illicit drugs.
- Avoid caffeine.
- Avoid the following drugs: ephedrine, phenylephrine, isoproterenol, antipsychotic medication, diet pills, drugs for flu or colds, and steroids.
- Attend support groups.
- Attend family or marital counseling if needed.
- Reviewer: Michael Woods, MD
- Review Date: 11/2013 -
- Update Date: 11/30/2013 -