Approved Residencies - Family Practice (18)
Family Medicine Residents for 2012 - 2013 (PDF - 318 KB)
The Family Practice Residency Program at St. Petersburg General Hospital is approved by the American Osteopathic Association. The residency program utilizes a variety of teaching methods and settings to maximize the learning experience of the resident. Each curriculum area combines rotations, conferences and experience to provide the resident with a comprehensive training program.
The Family Practice Residency program is designed to teach and train residents to enter into the field of Family Medicine, preparing them for board certification and to provide them with knowledge they will need to both care for patients in the primary care office arena and also in the environs of the hospital.
It is our feeling that for a resident to be properly trained in this era, they are best served by being capable of functioning in the hospital environment, but with a strong primary care base during the course of training. We provide this with excellent ongoing, longitudinal clinic experience during the duration of the family practice residency program at The Family Care Clinic at Bardmoor.
- Completed application - Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
- Personal Statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- Passport-sized Photo
- Deans Letter
- Transcript of grades and class rank
- Current list of COMLEX Scores
- An updated personal statement reflecting your professional goals
- A copy of all current Internship Evaluations
- Comprehensive stipend; re-evaluated each academic year.
St. Petersburg General Hospital will provide:
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Medical/Dental/Life Insurance (subject to hospital policy)
- 20 Days Paid Time Off
- Two Lab Coats
- Meals provided while on duty
- 24 Hour access to Medical Library and Internet
- Up to five days CME
- Reimbursement for expenses associated with licensure and post graduate education up to $2000
For more information, please call the Administrative Director of Medical Education at (727) 341-4819 or email.