The da Vinci Si Surgical System is designed to provide surgeons with enhanced capabilities, including high-definition 3D vision and a magnified view. Your doctor controls the da Vinci System, which translates his or her hand movements into small, more precise movements of tiny instruments inside of the body. Though this is often called a "robot," the da Vinci System cannot act on it own: Instead, the surgery is performed entirely by your physician.
Together, the da Vinci Si Surgical System allows doctors to perform complex procedures through just a few tiny openings. As a result, you may be able to get back to life faster without the usually recovery following major surgery.
St. Petersburg General Hospital utilizes the da Vinci® Surgical System, which provides surgeons with an alternative to both traditional open surgery and conventional laparoscopy, putting a surgeon's hands at the controls of a state-of-the-art robotic platform.
What Robotic Procedures Are Performed?
St. Petersburg General Hospital uses Robotic Surgery in the treatment of the following areas:
- Gynecology / Oncology
- General Surgery
- Dedicated Robotic Surgical Suite
- The new da Vinci SI model at St. Petersburg General Hospital provides surgeons with 3D high-definition vision with up to 10x magnification.
- GYN Robotic Surgery Epicenter
- 3/31/2011 - St. Petersburg General Hospital is Tampa Bay Area Leader in Training Surgeons on the Latest Robotic Technology
- 3/31/2011 - St. Petersburg General Hospital Offers the Newest Advances in Minimally Invasive Surgery Technology
- 11/9/11 - St Petersburg General Hospital Named a Distinguished GYN Robotic Training Epicenter
- 4/16/12 - Surgical Team at St Petersburg General Hospital Removes Gallbladder Through Tiny Belly Button Incision
Meet Our Robotics Specialists:
Get Your Life Back.
VideosMeena Jain MD, Epicenter Proctor, Explains Benefits
Dr. Romeo Acosta discusses Robotic Surgery at SPGH
Dr. Jennifer Hayes discusses Vaginal Prolapse